Quality Standards and Assurances
Quality is standard protocol at CBS Electronics. We review and monitor all our steps and processes to make sure the final product and delivery is sound from start to finish. Keeping our customers satisfied and confidant is our number one priority.
The CBS Quality Assurance Program
This quality program is designed to control our internal documentation. Documentation control includes our standard operating procedures (SOP), work orders, client and customer data, supplier data, and our quality reports which include certificates and statements. The CBS Quality Assurance Program was developed and is maintained by our team of professionals.
Each custom order comes with our quality packet signed off by our inspectors. Quality packet typically includes, Certificate of Conformance (CoC), RoHS/Lead-free Statement (if applicable), Electrical Test Certificate, First Article (FA), Micro-section Analysis, TDR Impedance samples, Solder Sample, and other documents such as materials certifications.
All assemblies delivered in ESD sounds packaging as standard. Antistatic is also achieved by shipping in vacuum sealed bags using desiccant with humidity strips often used for PCBAs.
- IPC net list compare prior to PC board manufacturing: Checks IPC net list to gerber and N.C. drill data for any discrepancies
- Pre-CAM front end DRC (design rule check): Checks customer design errors
- Controlled impedance testing –TDR test of panel coupons
- 100% net list test on all products
CBS Electronics products and services follow the IPC Standards and Guidelines for PC Board Layout, PC Board Manufacturing, and PC Board Assembly:
- IPC-2221/2222 Standard on Printed Board Design
- IPC-A-600 Class 2 and Class 3 Acceptability of Printed Boards
- IPC-6011 and IPC-6012 Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid PCBs
- IPC-4101 Specifications for Base Materials for Rigid and Multilayer PCBs
- IPC-A-610 PC Assembly Acceptance Standard
- IPC J-STD-003 Solderability Tests for Printed Boards
CBS offers lead-free assembly processing and lead-free PC board finishes by standard. Materials are WEEE compliant and free of the banned substances.
It is important your boards are manufactured using the proper materials and process profiles when using high temperatures during assembly. CBS provides the necessary materials and knowledge to ensure you receive a stable RoHS product.